- Preheat the oven to 150°C/ gas 2. Mix the garlic, oregano, pepper and olive oil, crushing it all together with the back of a spoon.
- Cut the tomatoes in half through the middle (equator). Then - with the tomatoes cut side up - make a few cuts into the centre of each half, being careful not to pierce through to the skin.
- Divide the garlic mixture between the tomatoes, gently pushing it into the flesh.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake in the over for 1 hour.
- These tomatoes will keep in the fridge for up to two days and can be reheated when needed.
- This dish is fantastic served on toasted ciabatta, or with grilled meat or fish.