What we are doing in the region
What we are doing to support people with diabetes in the Northern & Yorkshire region:
- Organising conferences for healthcare professionals and awareness days for people with diabetes, their carers, families and friends.
- Raising awareness of diabetes and Diabetes UK in all communities, in particular those communities at high risk of developing diabetes.
- Encouraging people with diabetes to have a say in their care.
- Raising vital funds to enable Diabetes UK to continue work in areas such as research and care.
- And - running training days for lay representatives on diabetes strategy groups, which will enable them to make informed and effective contributions to the implementation of the National Service Framework for Diabetes (England).