CSG 3 aims to further research into preventing and treating Type 2 diabetes. This CSG will look at the prevention of Type 2 diabetes, including through lifestyle modification and behaviour change at the individual and population level.
It will consider socioeconomic factors, the environment, and whole system influences on behaviour. The group will also cover drug targets and therapies in people with Type 2 diabetes.
Chair: Dr Rob Andrews, University of Exeter
Dr Rob Andrews is recognised internationally for his research into the role that diet and exercise can play in preventing Type 2 diabetes.
CSGs are bringing together researchers, healthcare professionals and people with diabetes to create a roadmap for new research.
- Dr Timothy Bray, GP
- Terry Boreham, lay member
- Dr Sarah Finer, Clinical Senior Lecturer/ Honorary Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Dr Jason Gill, Reader in Exercise and Metabolic Health
- Dr Laura Gray, Associate Professor (Reader) of Population and Public Health Sciences and Senior Statistician
- Dr Colin Grieves, Associate Professor Psychology Applied to Health
- Dr Nicola Guess, Lecturer and Dietician
- James Harris, lay member
- Dr Angus Jones, NIHR Clinical Scientist/Honorary Consultant Endocrinology and Acute Medicine
- Carolyn Newbert, lay member
- Dr Reshma Ramracheya, Diabetes UK RD Lawrence Research Fellow & University Research Lecturer
- Dr Thomas Yates, Reader in Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviour and Health