Our organisation and our staff work hard to tackle the challenge of diabetes, but we can’t achieve this alone.
Volunteering is at the heart of our charity, and we depend on an extensive network of people who give us their time freely to help us with our work.
Our army of 6,500 volunteers and 340 voluntary groups help us run more than 1,000 events every year, enabling us to reach people with diabetes in local communities across the UK.
In addition, volunteers play key roles in a variety of programmes, including:
- Diabetes Voices – lobbying and campaigning
- Fundraising – helping us secure vital funds to support our work
- Community Champions – reaching out to Black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
- Peer support – offering one-to-one help and advice to people who need it
- Roadshows – educating people about their risk of developing Type 2 diabetes
For more information, please see the ‘Get involved’ section of our site.