Written by London Bridgers, for London Bridgers
We asked London Bridgers for a few words about why they were taking part in the London Bridges Challenge 2019. You can do this too and make such a difference to your peers.
Why are you taking part in the London Bridges Challenge?
- "I'm interested in meeting new people and I can honestly say walking is one of my biggest achievements in maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance."
- "My mother and husband have diabetes, it's a life long struggle that has to be managed with diet and medication. Taking part in the walk unties us all through this struggle and every penny raised would be a big step towards a future of understanding and treating diabetes."
- "To try and practice healthy living."
- "To raise all the money I can to contribute towards the fight for a world where diabetes can do no harm."
Do you have an inspirational quote for a fellow London Bridger?
- "I have managed to keep diabetes at bay with my mindset to stay healthy as long as possible."
- "We are one, we walk hand in hand."
- "You can do it when you believe in it."
- "Being a London Bridger is a really brilliant and memorable occasion."
What's your pledge that's just for you?
- "I pledge to make more time for my health and well being, taking more frequent walks alone or with my family and friends."
- "I want to be a little more active for my family as I love them the most."
- "To help all people affected by diabetes."