Step it up this summer towards a healthier you
Walk them. Jog them. Dance them. However you choose to move, take at least 10,000 steps a day for three months and you’ll reach your million.
You can take on the challenge alone, or do it as a team. Either way, join the huge online community of steppers that will help you stride with confidence towards your goals. You’ll get regular emails to keep you motivated and we’ll support you with great ideas and mini-challenges to keep you on track.
You do one million sponsored steps. We transform lives. Together we end the harm caused by diabetes.
- Free to register
- No minimum sponsorship requirement. We would suggest a target of £120, but please raise as much as you can for us.
- You must be aged 18 or over to register and receive an online profile page. Children are welcome to join, but they need a parent or guardian to register on their behalf.
- You will need to source your own pedometer or step tracker. If you are a smartphone user there are many very good pedometer apps that are free to use.
How we'll support you
Before you get stepping, you’ll receive your welcome pack through the post. We’ll send them within two weeks of your registering, and they’ll include advice on increasing your steps, fundraising tips, a step calendar to log your steps, a progress poster and a sponsor form.
You will also get your very own One Million Step Challenge profile page which is the online page where you will log your steps to keep a running total, collect virtual badges, collect your online fundraising and share your progress with everyone on Facebook and Twitter.
How do I count my steps?
Keeping on top of your steps using a smartphone is by far the easiest way to track your activity. If you need help finding the best walking app for you, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
If you would rather use a physical pedometer or activity tracker then those are great too. You can buy a decent pedometer for less than £10, or spend a little more on something a bit more advanced.
Then keep a log of your daily steps on your One Million Steps calendar or online profile page.
Why take part?
Register today and you’ll receive your welcome pack in the next two weeks. You’ll get tips and tricks to up your steps and keep you motivated.
Walking 10,000 steps a day can help you to:
- Feel more energetic and awake over time
- Look after your blood pressure and heart health
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Sleep better
- Reduce stress levels
What’s not to like? Sign up and feel the benefits.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0345 123 2399.