Terms and Conditions of Entry
- You understand you are registering for the Swim22 (“Event”). The Event is organised by The British Diabetic Association, trading as Diabetes UK (company number 00339181 and charity number 215199) of Wells Lawrence House, 126 Back Church Lane, London E1 1FH (“Diabetes UK” or “we”).
- You must be aged 18 and over to register for the Event.
- You agree to aim to raise as much as you can in sponsorship for Diabetes UK and to ensure this money is with Diabetes UK by 22 November August 2021.
- You may participate in the Event as an individual and/or as part of a team subject to the Event instructions which can be found on the Diabetes UK Website. We reserve the right to not accept any registration for the Event in our absolute discretion.
- You must register to participate in the Event (whether on your own behalf or as the leader of a Team) by completing a Registration Form. By completing and submitting a Registration Form, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting a Registration Form (whether on his or her own behalf or as part of a Team), you confirm that, to the best of your knowledge and belief, you are healthy and fit to take part in the Event, understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and have voluntarily and freely chosen to participate in the Event entirely at your own risk.
- In submitting a Registration Form on behalf of a Team, you further confirm that: (a) every member of the Team is healthy and fit to take part, (b) understands and has considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, (c) has voluntarily and freely chosen to participate in the Event entirely at his or her own risk and (d) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- You acknowledge that participation in the Event involves physical activities and inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. If you have any medical conditions that could be adversely affected by exercise, particularly a heart condition, or if you are in any doubt about your health, you must get clearance from your doctor before participating.
- You acknowledge that taking part in this activity is entirely at your own risk. You agree that you will not hold Diabetes UK or any of its representatives responsible for any injury, death or loss that might occur as a result of your participation in the Event, except to the extent that personal injury or death is caused by the negligence of Diabetes UK.
- Diabetes UK does not provide any insurance, whether life or medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, death, loss and/ or damage that may arise in connection with the participation in the Event by you. You are advised to obtain such insurance yourself if required or desired.
- Diabetes UK reserves the right to prevent you (and/or any member of your team) from participating in and/or completing the Event if Diabetes UK determines that you and/or your team member fails to meet the Event’s registration and/or health and safety requirements and/or if allowing you to participate in the Event is likely to harm the charity’s reputation.
- You agree that in carrying out all fundraising for the benefit of Diabetes UK, you will:
a. Abide by any fundraising guidelines issued by Diabetes UK from time to time;
b. Only use lawful means to fundraise and must not do anything which harms or is likely to harm Diabetes UK’s reputation; and
c. Make it clear to potential sponsors that their donation in support of you taking part in this Event is a donation to Diabetes UK and this amount will not be refundable even if the Event does not take place or you do not take part in it or you do not complete it.
- If you receive any donations outside of your fundraising page, these funds must be sent to Diabetes UK as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within three weeks of receipt by you. To send donations by post, please use the following address: Swim22, Diabetes UK, Wells Lawrence House, 126 Back Church Lane, London E1 1FH.
- If you choose not to participate in the Event or if we prevent you from doing so (including where the Event is cancelled for any reason) all sums collected or pledged will still be payable to Diabetes UK.
- You agree that these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts