This September, kick-start your wellness journey, by walking 10 miles in a day for Diabetes UK.
Take your first steps towards a healthier, more content you, by challenging yourself to walk 10 miles around your local area this September. Connect with nature, spend quality time with friends and family and explore a new side of your hometown, whilst raising vital funds for Diabetes UK.
About the Challenge
It has never been more important for us to take care of our wellbeing and - now that we can spend a bit more time outdoors - it’s important that we keep active. My Wellness Walk will give you a fitness goal to work towards, as well as the space and time to reconnect with what’s important in life.
With every step, you’ll be funding our life-changing research and helping us provide essential care for those affected by diabetes. Not only will you be walking for your wellbeing, but also for the wellbeing of people living with diabetes, including those we love.
Walk for wellbeing, your way.
What you need to know
- Event date: Throughout September 2020
- Walk distance: 10 miles
- Location: Your local area
- Registration fee: Free
- Minimum sponsorship: There is no minimum requirement, we just ask that you raise what you can
- Open to all abilities, from beginner to advanced.
- You must be aged 18 or over to register and receive an online profile page. Children are welcome to join, but they need a parent or guardian to register on their behalf.
How we'll support you
We'll support you every step of the way with training tips and fundraising advice.
You will get your very own My Wellness Walk profile page which is an online page where you will log your miles to keep a running total, collect virtual badges, collect your online fundraising and share your progress with everyone on Facebook and Twitter.
Why take part?
By walking for wellness, it can help you to:
- Feel more energetic and awake over time
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Sleep better
- Reduce stress levels
- Connect with a community also striving for wellness
What are you waiting for? Sign up, feel the benefits and make every mile count for people affected by diabetes.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0345 123 2399.
With each step you take, each mile you walk, you'll be raising money towards research for better treatments and a cure, and helping us provide vital care and support for people with diabetes across the UK.