1. The Inspire Awards (the “Awards”) is an initiative managed by Diabetes UK (the “Organiser”), which is the operating name of the British Diabetic Association. The British Diabetic Association is registered as a charity with the Charity Commission in England and Wales (215199), and in Scotland (SC039136). Our registered address is Wells Lawrence House, 126 Back Church Lane, London E1 1FH.
2. The Organiser reserves the right to modify or vary the terms and conditions at any time. By making or accepting a nomination you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. All entrants (both nominators and nominees) agree that the Organiser and related individuals or entities, as well as our sponsors, shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Awards.
4. Online nominations will open on 20 January 2020 and close at midnight on 6 March 2020. Nominees that have been shortlisted will be notified by their local volunteering team.
5. Nominations that are incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these official rules are void.
6. Nominees for the nine main awards cannot be paid employees of the organisation that they are associated with for the purposes of this Award. Their charity work is only eligible for this competition if performed on a voluntary basis at Diabetes UK.
7. Nominees for a long service award must have volunteered with Diabetes UK for 20 years which will be checked and verified by Diabetes UK.
8. Nominees under the age of 18 are only eligible for the Young Person’s Outstanding Contribution Award, and must have parental consent to participate. Nominations for volunteers under the age of 18 in any other category will not be considered.
9. Nominee involvement, contribution and impact will be subject to verification from the organisation should they be shortlisted. Nominations for non-Diabetes UK volunteers will not be considered. Diabetes UK reserves the right to withdraw a nomination should adequate information not be available.
10. Volunteers can be nominated more than once but each nomination will be considered independently.
11. The Inspire Awards aim to recognise and celebrate as many volunteers as possible and encourages nominations of those volunteers not yet recognised through the Awards. Volunteers who have previously been awarded through Inspire will only be considered in extraordinary circumstances and Diabetes UK and reserves the right to withdraw a nomination for someone previously awarded.
12. In the interest of celebrating as many nominees as possible, volunteers can be nominated in more than one category but they will be judged within the category deemed most suitable and can win only one award.
13. The Organiser will not accept lobbying by any person or organisation on behalf of a nominee. Judging panels will make their decisions based solely on the content of completed nomination forms.
14.Digital videos and photographic images may be taken during Inspire Award presentations by an official Diabetes UK photographer. Diabetes UK may use these Digital videos and photographic images in post event publicity and for future marketing materials including Newsletter, Websites, future Inspire Awards Events etc. We will not use these without your explicit consent.
15. We collect and process personal information about our volunteers that we engage with in order to help us run smoothly and meet our charitable objectives. Information that is provided by nominators when they submit an entry to the Inspire Awards will be handled in line with the relevant data protection and privacy legislation. The information will be held by the Organiser and used where necessary for the administration of the awards. Information will not be shared with, or sold to, any external parties. Information may be held by the Organiser for communications and future Inspire Awards. Information will only be stored for a maximum of two years, after which information will be destroyed.
16. Decisions made by Diabetes UK and the judging panels are final.