1. The Inspire Awards is an initiative managed by Diabetes UK, which is the operating name of the British Diabetic Association. The British Diabetic Association is registered as a charity with the Charity Commission in England and Wales (215199), and in Scotland (SC039136). Our registered address is Wells Lawrence House, 126 Back Church Lane, London E1 1FH.
2. The organisers reserve the right to modify or vary the terms and conditions at any time. By making or accepting a nomination you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. All entrants (both nominators and nominees) agree that the organisers and related individuals or entities as well as our sponsors shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Awards.
4. Online nominations will open on 25 February 2019 and close at midnight on 5 April 2019. Nominees that have been shortlisted will be notified by their local volunteering team.
5. Nominations that are incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these official rules are void.
6. Nominees for the 9 main awards cannot be paid employees of the organisation that they are associated with for the purposes of this Award. Their charity work is only eligible for this competition if performed on a voluntary, unpaid basis at Diabetes UK.
7. Nominees for the category ‘Long Service’ are not eligible for the overall award. Nominees must have volunteered with Diabetes UK for 20 years which will be checked and verified by Diabetes UK.
8. Nominees under the age of 18 are only eligible for the Young Person’s Outstanding Contribution Award, and must have parental consent to participate. Nominations for volunteers under the age of 18 in any other category will not be considered.
9. Nominee involvement, contribution and impact will be subject to verification from the organisation should they be shortlisted. Nominations for non-Diabetes UK volunteers will not be considered. Diabetes UK reserve the right to withdraw a nomination should adequate information not be available.
10. Volunteers can be nominated more than once but each nomination will be considered independently.
11. The Inspire Awards aim to recognise and celebrate as many volunteers as possible. Because of this, volunteers that won an award last year cannot be nominated again for the same award category. For full detail of last year’s winners, please visit the website.
12. In the interest of celebrating as many nominees as possible volunteers can be nominated in more than one category but they will be judged within the category deemed most suitable and can win only one award.
13. Diabetes UK will not accept lobbying by any person or organisation on behalf of a nominee. Judging panels will make their decisions based solely on the content of completed nomination forms.
14.Digital videos and photographic images may be taken during the Inspire Award event by an official Diabetes UK photographer. Diabetes UK may use these digital videos and photographic images in post event publicity and for future marketing materials including our newsletters, websites and future Inspire Award events etc. We will not use this without your explicit consent.
15. Information which is provided by nominators when they submit an entry to the Inspire Awards will be handled in line with the relevant data protection and privacy legislation. The information will be held by Diabetes UK and used where necessary for the administration of the awards. Information will not be shared with, or sold to, any external parties. Information may be held by Diabetes UK for communications and future Inspire Awards. Information will only be stored for a maximum of two years.
16. Decisions made by Diabetes UK and the judging panels are final.