Come and show your support for people affected by diabetes by volunteering at our fundraising events – guaranteed fun-filled days out.
You can be a part of our unrivalled cheer squad supporting our runners, cyclists and walkers as they take on a range of exciting and challenging events.
We will provide full guidance and support as you carry out a volunteer role with us.
With flexible opportunities available, you can join us for an hour or a whole day, whatever suits you best.
Event days offer invaluable experience of working in the charity sector for an extremely worthwhile cause.
- Cheer on our runners or cyclists as a member of our cheer squad – a great atmosphere.
- Help to create a warm welcome for our event finishers at our post-race receptions and finish venues.
- Be a friendly point of contact as a route marshal, or on our registration desks.
- Providing logistical support to our events team.
- Get creative, and be a Photographer or Videographer at one of our events.
- Are you in a band, or a musician? Come and share your music on our event days.
Volunteering opportunities may vary depending on what event you would like to come to. You can get involved in running, cycling and walking events across the UK.
Our events in 2019:
- Bath Half Marathon – 17 March
- London Landmarks Half Marathon – 24 March
- Brighton Marathon – 14 April
- Virgin London Marathon – 28 April
- Thames Path Walk – 05 May
- Great Manchester Run – 19 May
- Edinburgh Marathon – 25 & 26 May
- Ride London – 04 August
- Great North Run – 08 September
- London to Brighton Bike Ride – 15 September
- London Bridges Walk – 29 September
- Royal Parks Half Marathon – 13 October
So what are you waiting for? Ge in touch to let us know what event you would like to join us at, and how you would like to be involved.
Be sure to encourage your friends and family to join you. If travelling a long distance then expenses may be reimbursed, so don’t let this put you off.
You can email the Events team at email@example.com, or call in on 0345 123 2399 to find out more.