The main purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to the Eastern Fundraising team to help them research and approach new fundraising prospects such as companies, rotaries and schools. Your role can be flexible depending on your skills and experience with elements including data inputting onto our donor database, researching prospects, inputting events onto third party websites or contacting existing donors to wish them luck with their events.
Office Fundraising Volunteer
Community and Events
Eastern office - Ground Floor, 8 Atlantic Square, Station Road, Witham, Essex, CM8 2LT
How to apply
For a chat about the role and an application form please contact the Eastern Fundraising Team by email@example.com calling 01376 501390
Download theOffice Fundraising volunteer role description (Word, 116KB)
- Researching organisations on the web and keep accurate records.
- Making approaches to organisations or companies using email.
- Phoning existing supporters to wish them luck for their event.
- Updating our donor database.
- Sending out fundraising materials when necessary.
We are looking for people who are:
- Willing to learn about the work of Diabetes UK.
- Enthusiastic and able to keep accurate records.
- Ability to use computer and internet an advantage.
- Ability to communicate in a confident manner to a range of different groups.
- Someone able to commit to the agreed hours and provide reliable support.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to gain experience of working as part of a busy fundraising team.
- Full induction and on-going training, for example fundraising best practice.
- On-going support and supervision in your role.
- Experience of working in the charity sector.
- The opportunity to learn new skills.
- Reimbursement of out of office expenses incurred while carrying out activities for Diabetes UK, for example travel, lunch.
- Diabetes UK commitment to Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities Policy.