At Diabetes UK we always aim to provide a high level of service in all areas of our work, but occasionally we do not get it right.
This is why we welcome and value all feedback, good and bad, as this helps us to resolve issues, where possible, and improve the service that we provide to you in the future.
While we respect the right of customers, service users and stakeholders to register their complaint with external organisations, we do request that our internal systems are exhausted before any external channels are used.
The aims of Diabetes UK’s complaints procedure
We seek to ensure that:
- it is simple to contact us – complaints can be received by telephone, email or by letter
- complaints are acknowledged and investigated as quickly as possible
- you are kept updated and informed about the progress of your complaint
- we listen thoroughly to all feedback to help us to review and improve our services
- we communicate to you about any service improvements made as a result of your complaint
How can I make a complaint?
If you would like to make a complaint to Diabetes UK, you can contact us using any of these options:
- Call us on 0345 123 2399 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm)
- Write to us:Supporter Care TeamDiabetes UKWells Lawrence House126 Back Church LaneLondonE1 1FH
What will happen next?
We will seek to provide a response to your complaint within seven working days of receiving a complaint.
If your complaint is of a complicated nature or requires further investigation we will contact you within seven working days of receiving the complaint to inform you of any progress and discuss a further response deadline.
What if I am still unhappy?
If you are unhappy with the response received please let us know as soon as possible. Your complaint will be referred to a more senior member of staff, who will carry out a review and let you know the outcome within ten working days of receipt.
Can I take my complaint further?
We will always try to resolve your concerns but if you think we haven’t, you can forward your complaint within two months of our final response to the Fundraising Regulator. To take your complaint directly to the Fundraising Regulator, please use theonline complaints form or call 0300 999 3407.
The fundraising regulator and Diabetes UK
We are registered with the fundraising regulator who holds the Code of Fundraising Practice for the UK. They set and maintain the standards for charitable fundraising, aim to ensure that fundraising is respectful, open, honest and accountable to the public and regulate fundraising in England and Wales.
Find out more on thefundraising regulator website