You can have your Will written or updated free of charge using one of our free Will writing schemes.
We know writing your Will can sometimes be difficult and expensive. That’s why we’ve partnered with the National Free Wills Network and Free Wills Month to give you the opportunity to have your Will written or updated for free.
Gifts in Wills fund over a third of our work. They're vital if we're to keep breaking new ground in research and care, and one day find a cure for diabetes. There’s no obligation to leave us a gift. But once you’ve made sure friends and family are looked after, we’d be very grateful if you'd consider it.
If you're 18 or over, you can have a Will written or updated free of charge any time of the year by a qualified, local solicitor.
It's easy to take part:
- Fill in our online form to register. If you are wanting to write a mirror (joint) Will with another person, only one of you needs to register.
- We'll refer you to National Free Wills Network who will send you a pack in the post with contact details for your local participating solicitors.
- Book an appointment with one of these solicitors.*
- Fill in the declaration form in the pack and have it with you for your appointment.
If you would like more information about National Free Wills Network you can get in touch with us on 020 7424 1853 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help.
*We know that in the current climate face-to-face solicitor appointments may not be possible. Law firms, like many other businesses, have had to adapt to this developing situation. All firms working with National Free Wills Network are fully briefed on the latest guidance from the government around coronavirus safety and have all taken steps to keep you safe.
Each law firm will have an option, or options, available to make sure you feel safe and comfortable during the Will writing process. This could mean your appointment takes place via video call, other the phone or in a space where it is possible to be socially distant.
When making an appointment with your chosen firm, you can confirm with them what they are offering and what is most suitable for you.
We strongly advise that if you decide to have a face-to-face appointment that you follow the government guidance of hands, face, space.
Free Wills Month
Every March and October, you can have a simple Will written or updated free of charge as part of Free Wills Month.
We're pleased to be one of the charities behind Free Wills Month.
You can provide for family and friends and give hope to the next generation of people living with diabetes, like Marley.
If you're 55 or over*:
- On or after Friday, 1 October, go to the Free Wills Month website and enter your postcode to see if your local solicitors are taking part. (If not, please use National Free Wills Network). You can also be sent a reminder to take part by going to the Free Wills Month website and filling in your details.
- Pick a charity to support, like Diabetes UK.
- Book an appointment.
- Go to the Free Wills Month website to download and complete the short Will Planner to help you prepare.
*If you are writing a joint Will, only one of you needs to be over 55.
Appointments for Free Wills Month are limited, so we recommend you book yours as soon as you can. The offer finishes once they're booked up, which can be before the month ends.
Get in touch
If you'd like more information about Free Wills Month or National Free Wills Network, please get in touch with Becky and Jodi from our friendly Gifts in Wills team by calling 020 7424 1853 or by emailing email@example.com
We'd love to be able to thank you personally if you've remembered us in your Will. But whether you tell us is, of course, completely up to you.