You can have your Will written or updated free of charge using one of our free Will writing schemes.
We know writing your Will can sometimes be difficult and expensive. That’s why we’ve partnered with the National Free Wills Network and Free Wills Month to give you the opportunity to have your Will written or updated for free.
Gifts in Wills fund over a third of our work. They're vital if we're to keep breaking new ground in research and care, and one day find a cure for diabetes. There’s no obligation to leave us a gift. But once you’ve made sure friends and family are looked after, we’d be very grateful if you'd consider it.
Free Wills Month
Every October and March, you can have a simple Will written or updated free of charge as part of Free Wills Month.
We're pleased to be one of the charities behind Free Wills Month.
You can provide for family and friends and give hope to the next generation of people living with diabetes, like Marley.
If you're 55 or over*:
- On or after Thursday, 1 October, go to the Free Wills Month website and enter your postcode to see if your local solicitors are taking part. (If not, please use National Free Wills Network).
- Pick a charity to support, like Diabetes UK
- Book an appointment.
- Go to the Free Wills Month website to download and complete the short Will Planner to help you prepare.
*If you are writing a joint Will, only one of you needs to be over 55.
Appointments for Free Wills Month are limited, so we recommend you book yours as soon as you can. The offer finishes once they're booked up, which can be before the month ends.
If you're 18 or over, you can have a Will written or updated free of charge any time of the year by a qualified, local solicitor.
It's easy to take part:
- Get in touch with Jacob or Jodi from the Gifts in Wills team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7424 1853/4.
- We'll send you a pack in the post with contact details for local solicitors.
- Book an appointment with one of the solicitors.
- Fill in the declaration form in the pack and take it with you.
Get in touch
If you'd like more information about Free Wills Month or National Free Wills Network, please get in touch with Jacob and Jodi from our friendly Gifts in Wills team by calling 020 7424 1853/4 or by emailing email@example.com
We'd love to be able to thank you personally if you've remembered us in your Will. But whether you tell us is, of course, completely up to you.