Text to donate terms and conditions
- This is a charity donation service.
- The amount you donated will be taken from your phone bill plus the cost of one text message at your standard network rate (usually 4p). So for example if you text DUK to 70123 to give £5 you will be charged £5.04.
- Diabetes UK will receive 100% of the donation.
- Please ensure you spell the text keyword carefully (e.g. DUK or DUK NO) and you enter the correct short code (such as 70123).
- If your keyword and short code are valid, and your text message is received whilst this promotion is active you will be charged the donation amount. The charge will appear on your mobile phone bill or be taken from available funds on a Pay as you go phone (PAYG).
- We will confirm your donation by sending you a thank you text message.
- If your keyword or short code are invalid, or your text message is received after the campaign or promotion has finished, you may still be charged your standard network message charge. However, you will not be charged the donation amount and your donation will not be made to Diabetes UK.
- Please ensure that you do not send more texts than you can afford or your mobile network will allow.
- You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to send an SMS donation to us.
- Details of your donation including your personal data will be collected by Mobilise (Open Mobile Global Ltd 2017). Mobilise is a donation management platform commissioned by Diabetes UK Ltd. Your data will be stored securely in line with relevant data protection provisions for the purpose of processing payments only and will not be kept longer than necessary. For further information about how Mobilise will process your data see their privacy notice at http://openmobileglobal.com/omg-privacy-policy
- If you have any queries regarding the service or your donation, please call us on the phone number above.
- Diabetes UK and the carefully chosen partners we work with on SMS cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any mobile telephone network or line, system, server, mobile provider or otherwise which may result in any SMS text being lost or not properly received.
- This service is available in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales only.
- This Charity Donation Service is being provided for Diabetes UK by Open Mobile Global Limited, Holborn Studios, 49-50 Eagle Wharf Road, London, N1 7ED.
- Diabetes UK is the operating name of The British Diabetic Association a charity registered in England and Wales (no. 215199) and in Scotland (no. SC039136).
*Calls to 0345 numbers cost no more than calls to geographic (01 and 02) numbers and must be included in inclusive minutes on mobile phones and discount schemes. Calls from landlines are typically charged between 2p and 10p per minute while calls from mobiles typically cost between 10p and 40p per minute. Calls from landlines and mobiles to 0345 numbers are included in free call packages. Calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes.