- Add the eggs, garlic, mustard, cream cheese, cheddar and pepper to a large bowl and mix well, beating with a fork.
- Grate the carrot and onion, add to the egg and cheese mixture and beat together so that the carrot is completely coated with the mixture.
- Oil an oven proof pie dish or tin 15-18 cm in diameter. When coated, add the mixture and lightly press to ensure it’s evenly spread.
- Bake in a preheated oven 180°C /Gas 4 for 20-25 minutes until the top is starting to brown.
- Allow to cool a little before serving or cool completely and refrigerate to use the following day.
- You could also flavour this dish with 2-3 tsp of freshly chopped herbs such as basil, oregano, tarragon, thyme or coriander.
- Try the dish with sweet potatoes rather than carrots. Ideal for a summer lunch or picnic.