- Halve and pit the fresh cherries, reserving 4 whole ones for decoration.
- Put in a small pan with 50ml water and 1 tbsp of the artificial sweetener. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Blend the cornflour and cold water together and stir into the cherries until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and cool, stirring to prevent a skin forming.
- In a bowl, beat the quark, skimmed milk, vanilla extract and remaining sweetener until smooth.
- For the chocolate sauce, put the dark chocolate pieces into a pan and add the unsweetened cocoa powder, the cornflour blended with the cold water, and the golden syrup. Heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Cool, stirring to prevent a skin forming.
- Spoon everything into small serving glasses. Finish each one with a cherry. Chill and serve.
- Blueberries or blackberries work just as well as cherries and are much simpler to prepare as they don’t need de-stoning.
- You could also use raspberries but if so reduce the cooking time to 2 mins.