- Add the oil to a pan, followed by the onion, and cook for 3–4 minutes until softened. Add the chicken and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the pepper, carrot and celery, and cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the garlic, curry powder and garam masala, and stir well to coat everything in the spices.
- Add the chilli, tomatoes and tomato purée, and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cover and simmer for 12–14 minutes until the carrot is tender. Mix in the coriander and serve.
- We’ve used curry powder – unlike curry paste, it doesn’t have added salt or fat.
- You could use lean pork or cubes of lamb for this dish. For a vegetarian/vegan version, replace the chicken with a tin of chickpeas or mixed beans.