- For a veggie version, add an extra pepper, a chopped courgette and a can of chickpeas.
- You could also use turkey, prawns or salmon instead of chicken.
- You could also substitute some of the meat with beans - these are packed with protein and fibre and are cheaper too.
- If you don’t have an aubergine, simply add in some extra mushrooms and carrots.
- You don’t need to have the coriander either, it will be just as tasty without.
- If you don't have rice to hand, why not try quinoa or whole grain couscous.
- Suitable for freezing once cooked. Then defrost in the fridge and reheat until piping hot throughout.
We use these symbols throughout our recipes to make it easier to choose recipes to suit you. However, this information should not replace specific advice from your healthcare professional.
Nutritional information explained
The carb values of these meals relate to the total amount of carbs from all ingredients. If you are carb counting, you may not need to include them all in calculating your insulin dose. Speak to your healthcare team if you're unsure.
Traffic light symbols / colours
- Red = high
- Amber = medium
- Green = low
Traffic lights for these recipes are determined by the whole portion size. Comparison of the traffic lights for different recipes should be based on 100g of each portion.