- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Lightly grease 6 ovenproof teacups. In a small pan, heat the orange rind, juice and caster sugar for 3–4 minutes until syrupy. Pour the syrup over the egg whites and beat for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the cocoa and orange juice mixture, then pour into the teacups.
- Cook in the oven for 5–6 minutes or until risen.
- Serve topped with the crème fraîche.
- If you have trouble getting your egg whites to peak properly, add a drop or two of lemon juice to help strengthen the structure of the mixture.
- To get your soufflés to rise, don’t overfold. Instead, gently fold in the whites until the point where the streaks of white disappear.
- Use fresh, room temperature eggs. Whipping cold eggs is harder work and you won't get as much lift from them.