- Place the cod and half the salmon into a blender with the egg and lemon juice, then blend to a paste.
- Dice the remaining salmon into small cubes, then mix it into the blended fish, along with the spring onions, dill and pepper. Combine well – use your hands for best results.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and form each into patties or burgers. Leave in the fridge for 10 minutes while you prepare the salad to serve.
- Place the fish burgers on a non-stick baking sheet and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve in a wholemeal bap, filled with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and red onion, Garnish with dill and a wedge of lemon.
- Try using other white fish such as coley.
- You could also use different herbs, such as parsley.
- These burgers are also delicious when served with vegetables and parsley sauce.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing provided the fish has not been frozen previously. You can freeze them either before or after cooking. Freeze the fish burgers in individual portions, then defrost in the fridge and prepare as above until piping hot throughout.