- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Lightly oil a baking sheet and put the beaten egg into a shallow bowl. Put the flour onto a dinner plate and the breadcrumbs on another dinner plate.
- Put the cod onto the plate of flour and mix so each piece gets coated, separating the goujons so they’re not touching each other.
- Wash and dry your hands, pick up a goujon and shake off any excess flour. Dip into the egg, place on the breadcrumbs and sprinkle more crumbs on top to fully coat the goujon. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the cod goujons are coated.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the outside is crispy and lightly browned.
- You can also use rapeseed oil.
- Serve with healthier oven-baked sweet potato chips and peas.
- Freezing instructions: Cook, then cool immediately and freeze on a baking sheet. Once frozen carefully bag in portions for use. Defrost in the fridge then reheat thorughly until piping hot.