- Add the oil to a pan and gently cook the onions for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the chicken and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock, mix well, bring to the boil, turn down the heat, cover with the lid and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- In a jug, mix he cornflour and white pepper together and stir in the milk.
- Gradually stir the milk and cornflour mixture into the chicken and mushrooms, stirring constantly, then bring to almost boiling point.
- Stir in the yogurt, remove from the heat and blend the mixture until smooth. Serve with a sprinkle of chives and black pepper.
- You could use a stick blender or a blender.
- Try adding herbs such as fresh tarragon, parsley or basil. Spice it up with 1 tsp ground cumin.
- Freezing instructions: Can be frozen in small pots for individual portions. Defrost in a microwave or over a very low heat until piping hot.