- Add the oregano, cinnamon, cumin, chilli, pepper, garlic, lemon zest and juice to a bowl, along with the egg and crumbled bread. Mix well with a fork, breaking up the bread further.
- Mix in the lamb and set aside for 10 minutes. Mix again and shape into a loaf about 6cm in diameter and 13.5cm in length.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook in a preheated oven 190°C/gas 5 for 25–30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then slice thinly, and stuff into pitta breads full of salad. Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.
- You can use any salad you like. To add a great crunch, use shredded raw cabbage, lettuce, red onion and cucumber, tossed in lemon juice.
- For the sauces (pictured): Tahini sauce: Add 2 tsp tahini to a dish and gradually mix in 3 tbsp low-fat yogurt and pinch white pepper. Tomato relish: Mix a finely chopped large tomato with 1 tbsp ketchup and dash of chilli sauce.