- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Boil the sweet potatoes for 15-20 minutes until soft and drain.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low-medium heat and fry the leeks, stir regularly, until they soften, about 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the leeks and crumble the stock cube over. Mix well for a minute or so until the leeks are coated.
- Slowly stir in a quarter of the milk until it becomes quite thick, then gradually stir in the rest, stirring constantly, until it comes to the boil. Stir in the white pepper and parsley and remove from the heat.
- Mash the sweet potatoes thoroughly and mix in the smoked paprika.
- Add the leek sauce to an ovenproof dish and arrange the fish so that it is evenly distributed, pushing it into the sauce. Top with the sweet potato and bake for 25-35 minutes until the sauce starts bubbling through the sweet potato, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and black pepper.
- You could make individual fish pies – great for a dinner party, and try adding some prawns or sliced mushrooms too.
- Works well with other fish such as haddock or river cobbler.
- You could use half sweet potato and half potato.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Then defrost in the fridge and reheat until piping hot throughout.