- Place the celery, carrot, bay leaf, garlic, ginger, allspice, thyme and fish stock in a pan. Bring to a gentle boil, add the lid, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, okra, green banana and chayote and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the spring onions and pepper, stir, add the red snapper chunk, cook for 3-4 minutes and serve.
- This works well with most fish such as chunks of salmon, cod, monkfish or large prawns.
- If you can't get chayote, use deseeded cucumber or courgette - it won't need as much cooking so add in step 3 with the spring onions.
- You can use any vegetables you have - sweet peppers, courgette, mangetout, baby corn or florets of broccoli or cauliflower.