- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4 and lightly grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Spoon into the baking tin.
- Smooth out and press down slightly, then bake for 35–40 minutes, until golden and firm.
- Mark into 16 pieces. Leave in the tin to cool. Serve when cooled slightly.
- To stew the apples: Peel core and chop them then add to a pan with 2 tbsp water. Cover and cook over a gentle heat stirring regularly for 10-15 mins.
- Stewed apples freeze well, so you could make a batch and freeze until needed.
- Freezing instructions: Defrost 2 hours to serve, or defrost in the microwave or an oven at a moderate heat.