- Grease a 20 x 25cm cake tin with the oil and preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
- Scatter the banana chunks and blueberries evenly over the base of the tin.
- Add the sugar, wholemeal flour, cocoa powder and baking powder to a bowl and mix together well.
- Add the vanilla extract, sunflower oil and milk to the bowl, and mix again.
- Pour evenly over the banana and blueberries, and bake for 15–20 minutes. It's ready when I knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Try using other fruits such as pears, blackberries or raspberries, or dried fruit such as raisins or prunes.
- For a gluten-free version, substitute the ground almonds for the flour and use gluten-free baking powder.
- Serve warm with a little crème fraiche, or cold as a cake.
- This also works with a 23cm round cake tin.