- You could use any combination of fruits, like pears, blackberries or raspberries, or dried fruits such as raisins, sultanas or prunes.
- If you don’t have fresh berries, defrosted frozen fruit will also work, just drain away any juice.
- For a gluten-free version, use the same amount (50g) in place of the wholewheat flour, you may need to add an extra tablespoon or two of milk (Gluten free flours tend to absorb more moisture than wheat) or use 50g of ground almonds and add 30g of gluten free flour.
- Serve warm with a little crème fraiche, or cold as a cake.
- This also works with a 23cm round cake tin.
We use these symbols throughout our recipes to make it easier to choose recipes to suit you. However, this information should not replace specific advice from your healthcare professional.
Nutritional information explained
The carb values of these meals relate to the total amount of carbs from all ingredients. If you are carb counting, you may not need to include them all in calculating your insulin dose. Speak to your healthcare team if you're unsure.
Traffic light symbols / colours
- Red = high
- Amber = medium
- Green = low
Traffic lights for these recipes are determined by the whole portion size. Comparison of the traffic lights for different recipes should be based on 100g of each portion.