- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the butternut squash and green beans, and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place the onion and mince in a non-stick pan, and fry for 4–5 minutes, until the mince is browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the butternut squash and beans, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Season well and serve with wholegrain rice.
- You could use turkey, beef or lamb mince for this recipe. For a vegan alternative, use soya-based mince or meat substitute.
- Carrot works just as well as butternut squash.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost fully in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping-hot throughout, stirring regularly.