- To make the jerk seasoning, add everything except the chicken to a blender and blend to a paste. Or use a stick blender or pestle and mortar.
- Prick the chicken with a sharp knife and add to a food bag with the jerk seasoning. Leave for at least six hours or overnight, if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Spread the marinated chicken out onto a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes, until crisp and golden and starting to char on the edges.
- Alternatively, if barbecuing cover in foil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Then switch to the barbecue for another 10 minutes.
- Try serving with rice and peas and plenty of salad.
- You could use this marinade on pork, fish fillets, large prawns or cubes of tofu.
- You can add the chicken and jerk seasoning to a food bag, mix well and freeze it ready for future use.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge and reheat until piping hot throughout.