- Add the oil to a pan, then add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add the lamb and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, until well browned. Add the carrots, garlic and ginger and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the lentils, stock, tomatoes and curry paste and mix well. Bring to the boil, add a lid, reduce the heat, then simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the sweet potato and aubergine, mix and cover again. Simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Check the lamb is tender. If not, simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Stir in the fresh coriander, saving a little for the top, and serve.
- You can make this dish with any lean meat, such as beef or pork.
- For a speedy version, use cubed chicken or turkey and simmer for 15 minutes instead of 1 hour, before adding the sweet potato and aubergine.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.