- Add the oil to a large pan. Add the onions and stir for 2 minutes over a medium heat. Next, add the red, yellow and green peppers and stir for a further 2 minutes. Add the garlic and courgettes, and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, oregano and parsley to the vegetables, and then stir in the tomatoes. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, grill the lamb steaks and cook until well done.
- Remove the meat from the heat, cover and leave to rest for 3 minutes. Serve with the Provençal sauce and a green salad.
- The Provençal sauce for this dish works well with any meat, such as pork steaks or turkey escalopes, or with grilled fish.