- Add oil to a pan, then add the onion and cook for 3 minutes until starting to brown. Add the lamb and stir for another couple of minutes to brown the outside.
- Add the carrots, yellow pepper, tomatoes, mint, cinnamon, cumin, chilli flakes, 200ml water and salt. Bring to a gentle boil, turn the heat down, add a lid and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the apricots and chickpeas, and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with couscous, rice or flatbread, and salad.
- For best value, try using dried chickpeas. Soak and cook the whole packet of chickpeas, following the instructions on the pack, and then freeze them. You can defrost what you need and add them to all sorts of dishes, such as stews, soups, curries and salads.