- Place the monkfish in a shallow dish. Mix together the lime, soy sauce and chilli flakes, pour over the fish and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the basmati rice in a pan of boiling water with a vegetable stock cube. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the carrot, sultanas and chopped basil leaves, mix well and keep warm.
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the monkfish on a baking tray and season with black pepper. Cook under the hot grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Pile on top of fragrant rice.
- You could also use tuna or salmon steaks in place of monkfish.
- For a vegetarian alterative, marinate cubes of tofu and thread onto skewers with red onion before grilling for 10 minutes, turning a couple of times.