- In a non-metallic bowl, mix together the oil, vinegar, garlic and thyme.
- Add the tofu to the bowl, coat in the marinade and set aside for at least 10 minutes. Soak the wooden skewers in water to stop them burning.
- Thread the marinated tofu and remaining ingredients alternately onto the skewers and cook over a medium grill for about 10 minutes until they begin to char, turning occasionally.
- For a Chinese twist, try adding a heaped tsp of Chinese 5-spice to the marinade.
- To give a sweet glaze, drizzle the kebabs in 1 tbsp runny honey when they are almost cooked, then grill for a further minute.