- Preheat the oven to 170°C/ gas 3. Put the mixed fruit, figs, cherries and spices into a bowl. Mix, then add the boiling water, cover and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash the banana and mix in the grated apple, oatmeal, ground almonds, seeds and zest.
- Next, combine everything together in one bowl, mixing well.
- Lightly oil two 12-cup mini bun tins (or simply make 2 batches in the same tin) and place the mixture into the tins.
- Bake in the oven for 15-25 minutes, depending on the size of the bun tins.
- When cooked (they are firm and a knife comes out clean), turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
- You can use any sized bun tin, just adjust the cooking time accordingly, as larger buns will take longer to cook.
- These small puddings cook much more quickly and you don't need to steam them, making them ideal for pre-Christmas parties, too.
- Try topping with nuts or orange slices for super- luxury puddings.
- Freezing instructions: Defrost in the microwave then steam, microwave, or heat in a moderate oven.