- Line 4 teacups, dariole or individual mini pudding basin moulds with clingfilm.
- Cut 4 x 5cm circles out of the bread and press into the base of the moulds. Cut 4 larger circles of bread (big enough to cover as a lid). Cut the remaining bread into strips and use to line the sides of the moulds.
- Place the summer fruits in a saucepan, and heat gently until defrosted. Sweeten to taste. Strain the fruit and reserve the juice.
- Divide the fruit mixture between the bread lined cups, then top with the bread "lids". Spoon over the reserved juices, keeping a little juice for serving.
- Cover the cups with cling film, top with a small plate and press down with a heavy weight. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Turn out onto plates and use the reserved juice to cover any remaining bread.
- Serve with a spoonful of light crème fraiche or yogurt.
- Keep a few berries to serve with the puddings, or top with fresh raspberries or blackberries.
- For best results, leave the puddings overnight in the fridge so the bread gets fully soaked with the fruit juices.