- Place the bread into a small bowl and pour over the milk and egg. Leave to soak for 5 minutes, then mash with a fork.
- Meanwhile, mix the mince, garlic, onion, red pepper, oregano, and pepper and combine well. Mix in the egg and bread mixture
- Wet your hands and form into 20 pieces and roll into small balls (it's best to use your hands for this).
- Place onto a lightly-oiled baking sheet and put under a hot grill for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until browned all over and cooked through. Allow to cool a little.
- Insert a red pepper slice into each olive pit then carefully slice and place a disk of mozzarella on top.
- Stack the mozzarella slice underneath the olive pit and secure with a cocktail stick.
- You could use pork, beef or lamb mince for the meatballs. Or you can use minced fish such as cod.