- Place the beetroot, carrots and sweet potato in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and smoked paprika and mix well, thoroughly coating all of the vegetables.
- Oil a large baking tray with rapeseed oil before laying out the vegetables evenly. Bake at 180C/gas 5 for 30-35 minutes, mixing a couple of times to make sure the vegetables cook evenly.
- Try roasting other vegetables like swede, ordinary potatoes, butternut squash or large chunks of onion.
- Just before serving, add a handful of freshly chopped herbs such as coriander, parsley, chives or mint.