- Don’t put too much corn in at once – cook in batches as it expands a lot. Don’t open the lid while it’s popping as it will pop out all over the kitchen.
- Take care not to let the pan dry completely as you need enough sauce to coat the popcorn, but if the sauce is too wet your popcorn will be soggy.
- Make sure the popcorn is thoroughly cooled before you bag it.
- Try adding a good pinch of spice, such as cinnamon or nutmeg.
- If you put this sticky orange and ginger popcorn into bags and tie with a ribbon, it’s a healthy treat for Halloween.
We use these symbols throughout our recipes to make it easier to choose recipes to suit you. However, this information should not replace specific advice from your healthcare professional.
Nutritional information explained
The carb values of these meals relate to the total amount of carbs from all ingredients. If you are carb counting, you may not need to include them all in calculating your insulin dose. Speak to your healthcare team if you're unsure.
Traffic light symbols / colours
- Red = high
- Amber = medium
- Green = low
Traffic lights for these recipes are determined by the whole portion size. Comparison of the traffic lights for different recipes should be based on 100g of each portion.