- Add the sweet potatoes and carrots to a pan of boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and carry on boiling for 5 minutes.
- Check that the asparagus is cooked and remove from the pan, check the carrots and sweet potatoes too and either remove or carry on cooking for a couple of minutes if they're not yet tender.
- Once the sweet potatoes and carrots are cooked turn off heat and add the broad beans and peas to the pan. This will defrost them and stop the other vegetables from over cooking.
- Drain the vegetables, allow to cool then dice the sweet potato and carrot and cut the asparagus into ½ cm rings.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Fold the sweet potato, carrot, asparagus, broad beans and peas into the dressing and serve.
- You can add almost any cooked vegetables to this salad including green beans, celery and apple.
- If you want a warm rainbow salad then just dice and mix the vegetables together as soon as they're cooked and serve immediately.