- Put the oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add the onion and stir for 2–3 minutes until it softens.
- Now add the yellow pepper and stir regularly for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano, seasoning, tomatoes and fennel. Stir for 2 more minutes and bring to a simmer.
- Place the salmon on top of the ratatouille, add the water and cover with a lid or with foil. Simmer gently for 4–5 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Remove the salmon, stir a few torn fresh basil leaves into the ratatouille and serve.
- Use sea bass or cod instead of salmon.
- Add an aubergine to the ratatouille.