- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Mix all the spices and herbs together with the breadcrumbs, making sure they are well combined.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and set aside.
- Dredge the chicken with the flour, shaking off any excess and dip each chicken thigh into the beaten egg.
- Toss the chicken pieces in the spicy breadcrumb mixture ensuring each thigh is thoroughly coated.
- Lay the chicken on a lightly oiled baking sheet and sprinkle any leftover spice mixture on top.
- Roast for 10 minutes, turn the pieces over and roast for another 10 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked through and serve.
- You could use chicken breasts or turkey escalopes with this coating.
- When coating the chicken use just one hand and keep the other clean, otherwise you can get into a sticky mess!
- You could add other spices. For a spicy kick try cayenne pepper, or give it a Chinese flavour with a pinch of Chinese five-spice.