- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions (wholemeal takes a couple of minutes longer than white pasta, so needs to be added to the pan first.)
- Meanwhile, add a dash of olive oil to a large saucepan, add the onion and leeks and cook until soft but not browned. Add the ham and half the parsley.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, yogurt, pepper and half the Parmesan.
- Add the cooked drained pasta to the saucepan, mix well with the onion, leeks and ham and remove from heat.
- Add the egg mixture and stir quickly and thoroughly (the heat from the pasta will cook the egg).
- Stir in the olive oil and the remaining Parmesan and parsley. Add a few grinds of black pepper and a sprinkle of basil. Serve immediately.
- For a veggie version, substitute the ham with 75g finely shredded sundried tomatoes.
- Look for vegetarian Parmesan cheese, too.