- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
- Add the water to a pan, along with the sugar, stevia, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, raisins and candied peel. Stir and bring to boiling point, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Gradually stir in the polenta and keep stirring for 4–5 minutes until it has thickened, then remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, mix the apple, egg, oil and baking powder together, then vigorously stir into the polenta.
- Spoon into 25 cases and arrange on a baking sheet. Top each with either half a glacé cherry, an almond or a few pine nuts.
- Place in the oven and bake for 16–20 minutes until lightly browned on top.