- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, chilli and garlic, and fry for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the squash and continue to fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and fry for a further minute.
- Pour 500ml boiling water over the squash, crumble in the stock cube and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the squash is tender. Transfer to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to the pan, add the coconut milk and coriander. Heat through and serve sprinkled with black pepper. Garnish with a slice of chilli and torn coriander leaves.
- If you don't like things too spicy, omit the chilli and use a mild curry paste or powder instead.
- You could make this soup with sweet potato instead of butternut squash.
- Freezing instructions: Freeze in portions then defrost in the fridge, or defrost in a microwave taking care to stir regularly.