- Cut wraps into halves ready to make into pockets for the healthy samosa.
- Spray oil into the pan on medium heat and roast cumin seeds.
- Add and sauté the onions, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add cubed sweet potatoes (cut to the size of a pea) and mixed vegetables. Season with garam masala, turmeric, sesame seeds and chilli flakes. Cover and cook on medium heat (add a splash of water so the mixture doesn’t dry and helps softens the vegetables) for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Add the lemon juice, sprinkle with the fresh coriander and allow the mix to cool.
- Use a flour and water paste to seal the straight cut side of your wrap “pockets” it should be a glue like consistency.
- Fill with the cooled vegetable mixture and seal the curved side of the pocket.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the pockets to seal.
- Bake in the oven until golden.
This recipe has been created by Balance cover star, Shivali, as part of her journey to diabetes remission.