- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot and fry for 3–4 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Stir in the rice, spinach and stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 35 minutes until the rice is tender. Transfer to a blender or food processor with the cream or milk and plenty of black pepper, blitz until smooth then return to the pan to reheat.
- If using frozen spinach in place of fresh, you’ll only need 100g.
- If you don't use the soup straight away, you may need to add extra stock or water when you reheat as it will thicken after a while.
- Freezing instructions: Freeze in portions then defrost in the microwave. Heat until piping-hot, stirring regularly. Eat immediately and discard any leftovers.