- Wash the spinach and add to a pan with a lid, cook for 2-3 minutes stirring a couple of times (there is no need to add oil or extra water, there will be enough water clinging to the spinach after washing). Strain off excess water and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, add the pine nuts to a dry pan and stir regularly for 1-2 minutes until they are just starting to brown, remove from pan and reserve.
- Gently squeeze out any remaining water from the spinach and distribute over a platter.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the top, then scatter with the roasted pine nuts.
- Sprinkle lemon zest over the dish, then drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with pepper and serve.
- You could try scattering this salad with a little goat's cheese or shavings of Parmesan cheese instead of feta. Or use lightly toasted flaked almonds or sunflower seeds rather than pine nuts.
- This can be made in advance but only add the lemon juice and oil just before serving.
- Also works with frozen spinach, just defrost and squeeze out the excess water, there is no need to cook it.