- Add the pepper to a cup with the lemon juice and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and add the chicken, stir constantly, for 3-4 minutes lightly browning the outside.
- Add the chili, ginger and garlic and mix well for 2 minutes
- Add the spring onion, five-spice powder, sesame seeds and tomato puree. Mix well and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add 1-2tbsp water, remove from the heat and mix so the chicken gets coated.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with the pepper and lemon juice mixture.
- Works well with strips of turkey, beef or pork or use prawns or chunks of salmon.
- For a vegan version, use tofu in place of chicken.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat thoroughly until piping hot throughout.