- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, until it begins to smoke. Add the chicken and fry for 2–3 minutes until golden, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for 1 minute, add the spring onions and pepper and continue to fry for 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the remaining ingredients and heat through, until piping hot. Serve.
- This recipe also works well with thinly sliced lean pork or beef, prawns, salmon, turkey or tofu instead of chicken.
- Great wrapped up in a tortilla or roti with salad.
- If you don’t have all the veggies to hand, you could use packets of stir fry veg, tinned bamboo shoots in water or sliced carrots.